Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Croup!

I took Chase to the doctor both Wednesday and Friday of last week. Wednesday was when he was diagnosed with the high fever virus. Friday they said he had a runny nose and to start a few breathing treatments.

On Sunday, I thought Chase was all better...WRONG!

I had to take him back to the doctor today because his cough was so bad. Chase not only has croup, but he has sinus drainage and a very bad ear infection.

He had to get a horrible shot today. They warned me that the shot would hurt him and sting really bad. I've never heard Chase cry so hard (and it took everything I had not to cry with him). While I was trying to calm him down, I realized that both of us were covered in blood. The shot caused some serious bleeding on him. I had to go fill his prescriptions with a very blood stained white shirt, but I needed to get the medicine filled right away so we could start him on it.

My poor Sweet Pea. Keep him in your prayers!

9 comments:

Danielle said...

What a rotten turn of events! We'll be hoping Chase gets to feeling better soon. Poor guy.

Stephanie said...

Poor Chase! I hope he gets better soon.

Anonymous said...

I hope Chase feels better soon. He is so adorable. I hope we'll get to see ya'll at USM game again this year! Amy Forsythe

Sherry said...

must have been rocephin...

Adrienne said...

Poor Baby! I hope he gets better soon.

Bridget said...

Poor thing! Hope he's feeling better soon!

Jamie said...

Get well soon Chase!

ethanbush33 said...

Keeping Chase in my prayers...poor little guy!
-Allison

NIKKI said...

Yikes..hope he is better now!