Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Poor Baby!

Well, we had a good 2 months. Chase has been healthy and happy since the beginning of April...it's been great! We've had so much fun playing with him and watching him
grow and learn new things. He hasn't been sick in a while, but I guess all good things must come to an end.

Yesterday I left work early to go to an ENT. I have a bad sinus infection and wanted to get a shot and some meds to clear it up. After I left the doctor, I went to pick Chase up from school. Melissa told me that he was burning up with a fever of 102. I took him to the doctor today. They found puss pockets on his throat so they tested him for strep throat...that came back negative. Then they tested his white blood cell count, and that came back okay. Dr. Gioe said it's just a viral thing and to give him Tylenol and Motrin until it passes (and if he still has the fever in 3-4 days to go back).

Tonight I took Chase's temperature before I gave him his bath and it was 103.3!!! My poor baby! I feel so helpless.

But I was able to get 2 pictures of the Big Boy smiling today, which made me happy.

By the way, when they weighed him today, he rang in at 22lbs and 13 ounces!!!!!


8 comments:

Jamie said...

Poor Chase! I hope he feels better soon.

Andi said...

Poor guy! Those viral things stink...I hate when they're sick and you can't do anything for them. Even though he's feeling bad he's still so darn cute!!!

Bridget said...

Poor baby! Hope this passes quickly!

Danielle said...

Emily had one of those crummy viral throat infections a couple of weeks ago. No fun. Get well soon, Chase!

steele family said...

Get well soon Chase! You could never tell he was that sick, he looks so happy.

Adrienne said...

I'm with kerri, he does look like he's feeling bad. Still has that great smile! I hope it clears up quick!

Anonymous said...

Big Boy! No more calling Rylie "Tubs".
Hope he feels better soon. :)

Sherry said...

oh no! I hope he gets to feeling better soon. However, he looks pretty good in the pictures :)