Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Birthday Celebration!

I think overall, the Chase-Man had a great first birthday.

This morning we went to the ENT. After hearing Chase's history, she said "enough is enough" and that it was time for him to get tubes and start feeling better. His surgery is scheduled for Tuesday, August 7th.

This afternoon, Chase and I went downtown to visit Shane at work. Then the 3 of us walked 8 blocks in the beating heat to the Aquarium. I was really excited about taking Chase to see all of the fish. Once we got there, we were informed that the Aquarium was closed early for a special event. I was so upset! So we had to walk 8 more blocks back to our cars. Shane and I were dripping with sweat and Chase's cheeks were beet red.

But we still had a great birthday. We went to MawMaw and Pops house for dinner and cake. Chase LOVED the frosting on the cake...he was a mess. It was hilarious!







12 comments:

gina said...

the videos made me laugh!!!! so cute :)

Anonymous said...

that's the way to really enjoy your 1st birthday cake,Chase!!!



Mammy

Adrienne said...

How cute is he??? I love it!
I checked out the website for the clothes you told me about. It's great. I'm going to check into it. Thanks!

NIKKI said...

Looks like he enjoyed that Birthday cake!!

Sorry he has to get tubes...tons of the kiddos in the play group have had themand it's made a world of difference!

Melissa Overstreet said...

Mmmmm, eating birthday cake in your undies. What could be better?

He's such a cutie! You survived the first year of parenthood, congrats! You all are pros now!

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday Chase! Glad he had a great day.

Sherry said...

That is so sad that you guys did not get to go the aquarium! Looks like Chase enjoyed his day anyway!!!

steele family said...

what a bummer about the aquarium, but it looks like the cake made up for it.

steele family said...

michele, please send me your email address. mine is: steele.kerri@gmail.com

Bridget said...

So cute! Too bad about the aquarium... I wouldn't want to walk many blocks in August down there... especially right now. Don't miss that heat! But he looks so cute digging into his cake! Glad the rest of the day was fun!

the goodnights said...

Happy 1st Birthday Chase! He is so adorable.

Danielle said...

TOO CUTE! Happy belated birthday to Chase!