Sunday, January 27, 2008

Chase's 1st Mardi Gras Parade

Last year, Chase was unable to attend any Mardi Gras parades because of his RSV. So this year Shane and I were excited to take Chase to see his very first Mardi Gras parade.

Today we met my family for the Slidell Dionysus parade. Chase absolutley LOVED it! He even figured out how to wave his hands for the floats and danced every time a band passed. He had so much fun, and Shane and I had a blast just watching him take it all in. I think we might try our luck tomorrow night with a night parade (Eve in Mandeville).

Thank You so much, Butsie and Sissy for inviting us to join you and hooking us up with a fantastic parade set up (we even had a bathroom)!








6 comments:

Jamie said...

How fun! Glad he enjoyed it.

JStraughan said...

Looks like a blast--it makes me homesick seeing all of
you together :(

Stephanie said...

Looks like fun. I'm glad I read your post and saw that the parade is rescheduled for tonight. I will have to go home early before the streets are closed. Thanks for having us over Saturday. We had fun.

Adrienne said...

Aw, he had so much fun!! I don't know when we'll get Kaden in town to see Mardi Gras. Hope he makes it to lots of parades!!

Julie and Tory said...

Hey, is Lindsey posing as my husband's wife? Where was I?

We had fun. Chase was so cute on Shane's shoulders.

steele family said...

looks like fun. i am glad he was healthy this year!