Saturday, January 10, 2009

We're still here

I know it's been a while since our last post, but we've been busy with the holidays and I'm wrapping things up at work training the girl who will be taking my place. That's right, my last official day is Wednesday. I went to part time work (2 days a week) after I had Chase and really enjoyed my two days out of the house with adult interaction. But the mornings I work are very difficult in our house getting everyone ready and out on time, and adding one more to the equation doesn't seem to make it any easier. Plus, Shane's job is very demanding, so we thought it would be easier on our family if I gave the full time stay at home mommy thing a try.

Things here are going well. I am still having contractions, but now I'm on the brethine every 6 hours so I only have a few contractions a day which okay. Still trying to take it easy, but that's nearly impossible with our little Chase Man!

Chase's conversion to the big boy bed was extremely easy for us. We lucked out! He sleeps all night long in his bed and calls for us in the morning when he wakes up. He doesn't get out of his bed until we open his door in the morning...it's so funny!

Last weekend while we were putting the Christmas decorations back in the attic, we started to pull out the baby stuff in preparation for our little peanut. Chase loves sitting in the baby's car seat and baby swing. He gets really excited when I put on the lights. I think he's more into now than he was as a baby :-)

Chase's two favorite activites are playing with his trains and train table and golf clubs (which ends up being more like hockey). He plays sports left handed but holds crayons with his right hand. Shane is the exact opposite...so funny!

I will be 30 weeks pregnant next week, so we're 75% there. I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel :-) Progression picture with major growth to come next week....



4 comments:

lenee said...

Chase is getting to be such a big boy!

christy said...

congrats on him being left handed in sports. any kid that is a left handed pitcher almost always gets a college baseball scholly. even though i'm sure his big head holds a big brain so he probably won't need it. and just think, michele, wouldn't you love to sit through hours and weekends at baseball games since you love it so much?!!

Stephanie said...

You're getting so close. Baby McCarthy #2 will be here before you know it. Chase will be a great big brother. Try and rest a bit now that you're not working. I know it's hard with a two year old but at least you have more time to try without working :-)

Jennifer Walker said...

Congrats on becoming a stay-at-home-mom.