Sunday, November 1, 2009

Jazz Half Marathon and Halloween 2009

Yesterday was a long and fun filled day for all of us. The morning started at 5:00 am when I had to wake up for my very first half marathon race. The weather was very cold and wet, but it could have been a lot worse. Shane dropped me off near the starting line at 6:15 and when the gun went off at 7:00am, it was still dark.

I ran the race in 2 hours and 4 minutes. I was very happy with my time, but was extremely exhausted by the end of the race. Mile 11 was a bit difficult for me and I was so happy to see my friend Carrie on the street cheering me on at that point. It was just the extra push I needed. Once I saw the 12 mile marker, I could see the light at the end of the tunnel and finished the race strong. I was so happy to see Shane standing right before the 13 mile marker routing for me to finish.

After the race, my lips were blue and purple from being so cold, so Shane took me to get a nice hot cup of coffee. Then we ate lunch at Shane's parents' house and headed back home to get ready for Halloween.

This year my parents, Shane's parents and the Gandy's came over to celebrate Halloween with us. It was so much fun because Chase was really into everything this year. He LOVED his costume (a golfer, of course) and enjoyed trick or treating with his cousins. Unfortunately Chase and Rylie didn't make it too long because someone on the end of our street scared them with a mask and they were both a bit freaked out and ready to go home.

Happy Halloween everybody!





4 comments:

Bridget said...

Congrats! that's awesome!

Jamie said...

Congrats, Michele! You are amazing!

Melissa Overstreet said...

Congratulations, Michele! That's an awesome time! I can't believe you made it through Halloween after that.

mtvoltz said...

Congratulations, Michele! I am so proud of you.
Everyone was adorable for Halloween.