Sunday, September 26, 2010

Recently...

Well, this pregnancy was a HUGE surprise. Shane and I were not trying to conceive and we thought we were done having babies. I had given away most of my maternity clothes and baby items. We were happy with our family of four, but I guess God had a different plan in store for us...WOW is all I can say!

So this pregnancy has been a lot tougher and very different from my previous two pregnancies. This is the first time I've ever had morning sickness, or should we call it all day nausea with a pounding headache. I told Shane it's like I've had a hangover for 3 straight weeks without the big party, ha! And things are moving along a lot quicker. I already have a little pudge in my belly and my right leg's varicose veins are already back in action...both happening MUCH earlier than when I carried Chase or Ethan.

Also, the doctor's office called a couple weeks back with my blood test results. They told me my hormone levels were really high...and I think Shane can verify that. I have been a bit moody, but I attribute that to the shock of this pregnancy and not feeling well at all. He thinks I'm just hormonal....

I'm hoping to feel better soon, as taking care of Chase and Ethan while feeling this way has been a struggle. Every time I tell Chase I don't feel good, he responds with "Again"?! Poor baby! Hopefully this will pass soon and I'll be back to my old self again soon!

Brothers hugging

Poor Chase goes through some terrible, painful growth spurts. This is him after crying for a while because his knee hurt from one of his growth spurts. Once I set him up in his "special" position with his special ice pack, he perked up.

This was Ethan's first night to sleep with a pillow...he looks like such a big boy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart! I just can't imagine trying to take care of two rowdy boys while feeling bad. I hope you start feeling better SOON! Congrats on your "surprise!"

Adrienne said...

Congrats!!! How exciting. I hope you feel better soon.

Bridget said...

there's not 2 in there is there?
; )
(I know , you can virtually slap me)
with Libby, the sea sickness bands helped with the m/s. Logan, phenergan helped. hang in there.

I hope you feel well soon.

Gina Ferrara said...

I'm so sorry you feel that way Michele. I think our third babies are making themselves known! :)

Up til 14 weeks I was not a happy camper. I cut out sugar and it alleviated some, not all, of the headaches...however it hasn't helped keep my weight down, grrr.

xo