Thursday, February 14, 2008

Oh Shoot!

Well, it happened! If you refer back to my post on January 16th, you'll see that I mentioned how Chase is now repeating EVERYTHING we say. For example, the other day Shane sneezed twice in a row and Chase immediately responded with a fake "Ah-Choo". It's like living with a parrot.

Well we knew we had to be very careful about what we were saying in front of him, but it was bound to happen sooner or later. Yesterady I was running some errands with Chase in the car. I accidently passed up the store I was trying to get to, and mumbled a bad word under my breath (it's the naughty word for poo-poo, we'll just call it "shoot" for the blogger's purposes).

Chase immediately responded with "Oh, Shoot" (but used the correct curse word that I had just said). I said, "What did you just say?" and he responded again with "Oh, Shoot".

I said, "Oh No, please don't say that anymore" and he again responded with "Oh, "shoot".

Then later that evening, I was on the phone with my mom telling her the story and Chase must have heard me and then said the word two more times. Although it was absolutely hysterical, I am going to have to be VERY careful from now on! Lil' Stinker! :-)

6 comments:

gina said...

hahahahaha!

Jamie said...

Hilarious! Smart boy.

Bridget said...

Oh do they pick up some words! Libby picked that one up too... we just ignored her every time she said it and within two weeks it was a faint memory! ;)

christy said...

it was bound to happen sooner or later. this same exact thing happened to me one day at the pediatrician's office. luckily no one else was in the waiting room. conner dropped a toy and chase's version of "oh shoot" came out. i've tried to be more careful since then bc i'm worried he's going to repeat it at school.

JStraughan said...

Just wait until they repeat something you've said in public--it's quite embarrassing. . I always blame it on their FATHER!!
We can't understand a word Callie says except for "D*%# IT!"

Julie and Tory said...

That is too funny!

Jalyn used to blame her farts on me in public. That was embarrasing!