Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Video Help!

Okay, I need some Blogger Video Help! I've been trying to post videos on the blog, but for some reason, the videos won't post. I used to go through Photobucket and pasted the embedded wording and that always worked. But now when I do that, I get an error saying "tag not closed" and the video won't post. So then I tried posting the video through the blogger's link, but all that shows up is a blank box with an "x" in it where the video should be. It's a quick time video that is only 24 mb, so it should post. Does anyone have any advice???? I see that other blogs are able to post videos just fine, so why am I having problems?

8 comments:

Adrienne said...

I use the blogger video. When you go to create a new post, there is an icon right next to the picture icon (it's a movie strip). click that and browse the computer for your video file. then it will upload. it takes a few mins to upload and then process. Hope it works!

NIKKI said...

WIsh I could help-- now I do the same thing as adrienne and Kyle and I think that is what you have already been trying to do???

Michele said...

yep, that is what my empty box is...me posting the video using the blogger's video link. why isn't it working just for me?

Adrienne said...

are you using your camera or a video camera? i use my camera to take videos. i wonder if that makes a difference????

JStraughan said...

I am a COMPUTER RETARD---sorry :-(

Michele said...

I am using my digital camera for the video...so it should be the same as Adrienne.

Danielle said...

When you embed a link from photobucket, there is probably an opening tag () that doesn't get closed (). Google html codes and see if you can figure out what part of the code isn't closed up right.

Danielle said...

Hey, Michele, I figured out the closing tag that was missing for photobucket links, but if I try to post it here, it won't show up as a tag; the site will translate the html code. Email me (my address is on my site) and I'll tell you how to fix it. (This English major is pretty proud of herself for figuring this html business out.)