Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms and moms-to-be! We had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend (I got to pick all the family activities for the weekend).

Saturday we took Chase to the pool. Well the little stinker did not step one foot anywhere near the pool. He was terrified! You can see in the pictures that he stayed his distance. The second I tried holding him and stepping into the pool, he started screaming and scratching my neck. The lifeguard was cracking up...I was not so happy. Chase starts swim lessons next month, so hopefully the swim teacher has a few tricks up her sleeve!

Today we went to a yummy crawfish boil at my parents' house. We had such a lovely day. We tried once again to get Chase in the water thinking that he might do better seeing his cousins playing in the hot tub. Well he got a lot closer and even put his feet and hands in the water, but still would not get in. Oh well, I guess we're going to keep on trying.

Although Chase was not crazy about the water, he absolutely LOVED playing with the crawfish. PawPaw snapped the claws off of one and Chase thought it was his pet. He just kept running around with it showing everyone and kissing the crawfish. It was so funny!

I hope you all enjoyed your day, especially our Mammy and MawMaw. Sorry we weren't able to spend the day with you MawMaw...we love you very much!

On a side note, Chase was playing in his play room tonight and I asked him to come to his room so I could change his diaper. He came running to me saying, "Mamma, Mamma...look!" He held out his hand and was holdig a wasp that was still alive! I don't know how he caught it and did not get stung, but by some miracle he was not hurt. I freaked out a bit and swatted it out of his hand and killed it. Oh my gosh! Between this and the crawfish, I don't know how this girly girl is going to raise a little boy :-)








11 comments:

Jamie said...

Happy Mother's Day!!!

christy said...

that's funny about the wasp. that kid is just like conner. he brought in a lizard the other day and would not put it down. i think he brought it back in 4 times before he left it alone outside. i'm just waiting for him to come inside with a snake. i will have a heart attack. boys just love to be disgusting - and they never grow out of it. reference: collins and shane

Jennifer Walker said...

Happy Mother's Day, Michele!

JStraughan said...

Happy Mother's Day! I love the picture of PawPaw and Chase--I can't believe he was kissing the crawfish.

Stephanie said...

Happy Mother's Day! I'm impressed with how you handled the wasp situation. I would have called for Brian's help!

NIKKI said...

Happy Mothers day...looks like you had a fun weekend.
Mine SCREAM when they see a bug which amazes me bc I've never done that in front of them and used to pick up bugs all the time. Maybe get Chase to hang around my girls and some of it will rub off on him? They do like to pick up crawfish though! :)

Justin and Lisa Rhodes said...

Boys will be boys! I am so glad you handeled it well.
Glad all is well with you guys!
Luvs,
Lisa

gina said...

Lol, I'm glad you post boy stories because they make me laugh. Sable is into dogs and hopefully her affection won't spread to crustaceans or insects.

gina said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
steele family said...

Happy Mother's Day! The pictures of him and your dad are so cute.

Sherry said...

Happy Mother's Day!!