Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Big Three - Oh!

Well, the moment I've dreaded since the day I turned 26 happened this past Friday...I turned 30! Being 8 weeks pregnant, I wasn't able to have the big blow out I've always pictured :-)

So Shane and I celebrated by spending a 4 day weekend in Miami. We stayed at the Hilton Bentley in South Beach and it was GORGEOUS! The water was crystal clear and we couldn't have asked for better weather. We had lots of fantastic food, spent most of our daytime on the beach and also made it to a Marlin's game.

I would have to say the biggest surprise was how many Europeans were vacationing/living in Miami. Hardly anyone spoke English, it was like we weren't in the United States anymore. And an added bonus for Shane...European ladies go topless on the beach. I saw more female body parts than I ever care to see again. They were EVERYWHERE and women of all ages (from 5 years old to way too old). I know it's part of their culture, but it's just so funny to me how carefree they were about being topless. Shane thought it was great (of course)!

Thank you, Shane for taking me away for a wonderful birthday celebration. And thank you so much MawMaw and Pops for watching Chase. I know it wasn't easy since he hasn't been feeling well, but I know he had so much fun with the both of you!







10 comments:

Jamie said...

WOW...very nice! HAPPY BIG 3-0!

Jennifer Walker said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a great trip too. You got out of Florida just in time with Fay on your heels.

Bridget said...

Nice! Happy Birthday!

Stephanie said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I'm glad you had a good time. It looks like it was a lot of fun. I like the picture with your pink toes in it :-)

Adrienne said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like a nice trip.

NIKKI said...

Happy Birthday -- looks like you had a great 30 bday!!!!

The Potin Family said...

A Happy Belated Birthday!! What a fabulous trip - glad you had a great time. Girl, I dreaded 30 as well!! It's not that bad :) Especially not when you look as great as you do and just act as young as you feel!

Gina Ferrara said...

happy bday! guess you didn't do much clothes shopping for the big 3-0, lol!

xoxo

lenee said...

THE BIG ONE! Happy Birthday.

The Abney Family said...

Happy belated birthday, Michelle! Glad you got to get away and relax after all the stress you have been through the last few weeks.