Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Party

We celebrated Chase's birthday with a kid's party at Ducky Joes in Mandeville. This was Chase's first time at Ducky Joes and he seemed to really like it. After having his first birthday celebration at our house, I can tell you that renting out a place is definitely the way to go!






As for me, I have not been feeling well for the past week. It started on Wednesday morning. I have an awful burning in my stomach along with nausea and vomiting. I have also been having a lot of dizzy spells, too. I haven't really been able to eat or drink anything at all. My stomach pain got to be more than I could handle and ended up going to the ER on Friday night (yes the night before Chase's birthday party...thank you Christy for staying with Chase while we went to the hospital)!

They checked my blood, gave me an ultrasound to check my gall bladder and an EKG to check my heart. Test results came back good and they gave me some muscle relaxers for the spasms in my stomach and another med for my pain, but it didn't work. The night time was way worse than the day pain for some reason, and I often ended up curled up in a ball on my bedroom floor crying.

I luckily had my first prenatal visit with Dr. Lobello today. She is sending me to St. Tammany out patient hospital to have quite a few test done. I am having both an upper ultrasound and total abdominal ultrasound to check everything in my stomach and make sure the baby is doing okay. I am also having an echo done and I need to wear some sort of heart monitor for 24 hours just to be sure my heart is okay (a precaution from the dizzy spells). She also changed up my medicines and prescribed me a narcotic for the pain.

Tonight I made it all they way until midnight before the pain really kicked in. That is an improvement from the past week, but I'm still hoping for the pain to cease all together soon. I have no idea if this is related to the pregnancy or not, but I'm pretty sure Shane and I have decided that this will be our last pregnancy :-)

Please keep us in your prayers as I get all my tests done and that baby number 2 is safe and healthy!

8 comments:

Bridget said...

Looks like a great party!

I hope all is okay with you and your peanut! I'll say a little prayer for you both.

Sherry said...

Michele, you are in my prayers as I can relate to being miserable during pregnancy. We have vowed that this is our last child as well :) Pregnancy is not easy on me. Good luck with all the tests. I am sure that the baby is fine - they are tough. Take care and feel better soon!

Julie and Tory said...

Let me know how everything goes - hope it gets better soon!

Adrienne said...

I hope you get better soon. I'll be thinking of you getting all the tests run. Keep us posted on it.
Chase's party looked great!!

christy said...

we had a great time at chase's party!! so much fun!!! it was so great to see people we haven't seen in a while. thanks for calling me to watch chase on friday - i got to check email, watch tv and read a book in peace. saying a prayer everything checks out ok at the hospital. maybe all this drama means you are having a GIRL!!!!

NIKKI said...

We had a blast at the party!!!

Hate to hear your not feeling so well! Saying prayers here for your little one and you!! Keep us posted!

Gina Ferrara said...

praying for you!

steele family said...

Michele, I am so sorry to hear that you are in such pain. I will be praying for you and for your baby.