Tuesday, September 9, 2008

He Did It!

Chase is such a big boy!

Yesterday after his bath, Chase told me had to pee pee on the potty. Well he always says this because he likes playing with his potty training toilet (he think's it's his special chair).

So I dried him off and sat him on his potty.

Chase then said, "No Mommy, big potty".

"Okay" I said, and then picked him up and put him on the big potty still thinking he wants to play around.

Sure enough he starts making pee pee on the big potty. I was so surprised and a little wet (you mothers who have already potty trained little boys should understand why I was a little wet). A few minor adjustments and Chase was making pee pee in a regular toilet.

I made a huge deal out of and Chase was extremely proud of himself. He even grabbed the toilet paper and tried wiping himself when he was done (I don't know where he learned that from, he-he)!

Chase has sat on the potty many times, but this was the first time he actually went on the toilet. I never knew that something this small would make me such a proud mommy! I guess it's time to start training him soon...any suggestions?

7 comments:

Bridget said...

AWWWW!!! Go Chase!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Chase! Sounds like he's ready, but I have no suggestions on how to train little boys.

lenee said...

AWESOME. I hope you can figure out the best way to potty train a little boy so we can follow in your steps one day. Please keep us posted.

Unknown said...

Good thing you are going to have another baby, because Chase is growing up too fast.

kasey said...

Way to go CHASE!

Jamie said...

Great job, Chase!
Maybe Taylor will follow your lead.

christy said...

good job chase!!! i don't have any suggestions bc conner is just starting to be proficient in this area. i will tell you that boys don't seem to mind being dirty or wet like girls do. it just proves that males are programmed from birth to be dirty by nature.