Wednesday, September 10, 2008

12 week update

I had my doctor's appointment this afternoon. It was the very first time I heard the baby's heartbeat. It sounded so amazing...and FAST! It sounded a lot faster from what I can remember from Chase's heartbeat.

Dr. Lobello said, "I think it's a girl"! I replied with, "Me, too"!

But Shane said that McCarthy's can only produce boys, so he doubts it's a girl. I am indifferent either way. I think it would be a lot easier and cheaper if I had another boy. Plus, now I know what to do with a boy. But it would also be nice to have both a son and a daughter.

I guess we'll find out sometime in late March :-) (Note to my sisters: yes, that means we are not going to find out the sex of the baby)!

12 comments:

Jamie said...

I hope you have a girl but my instincts tell me it's a boy! Guess we'll hold our breath till March!

Sherry said...

Congrats! That is a great sound!

Adrienne said...

Don't you just love that sound! Glad it's going well.

Anonymous said...

Why aren't you finding out?

PS I think its a girl...I was right last time!!!

Stephanie said...

I think boy too but I guess we'll see. If it's not a boy, you'll need lots of new clothes!

Anonymous said...

C'mon Michele, don't you want to find out so we can go shopping and play?

Bridget said...

I think a boy... ??? But one of each is a lot of fun! Either way I'll be praying for happy and healthy! ;) Good luck holding out until baby arrives... that would be so hard for me to do!

Gina Ferrara said...

Yay, it is so much fun waiting til the end! The second time around was even more exhilarating and fun than the first!

steele family said...

I hope it is a girl, it is so neat having a boy and girls. They are SO different!

christy said...

i thought having another boy would be easier too, but the older conner gets i am soooo happy i had a girl the 2nd time. i don't think i could handle 2 young boys. i still think you are having a girl.

NIKKI said...

Oh you just love to torture us...I was hoping you were going to find out this time.
I think you are having a girl!

kasey said...

Fast heartbeats usually mean girls! =)