Sunday, December 7, 2008

Big Bed Update

I don't want to jinx myself, but Chase's transition to the big boy bed has been so easy! With the exception of the very first night when he freaked out and ended up back in his crib, every other night & morning has been a breeze.

I started again on Sunday night. I told Chase he had to lay in his bed to watch TV in the dark before bed time so he could get used to being in his new room and new bed in the dark by himself. I set the TV timer on and told him when the TV turned off he had to go to sleep. And it worked! I never heard a peep out of him and he slept through the night with no problems. When he woke up in the morning, he called for me and I went into his room and he said, "I did it"! He was so proud of himself.

The second night I let him watch 15 mintues of TV in his room, then I turned off the TV and told him it was time for bed and tucked him in. Again, no problems.

And since the third night, the TV does not even come on. We just do our usual bed time routine with the added bonus of me tucking him in and he goes down so easily. He even has been sleeping a little later in the mornings! I can't believe how great he has been. I guess we were due something to go smoothly one of these days :-)

Now the nursery looks so empty, but soon enough I'm sure our house will feel very crowded!



5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm glad it's going so well. He looks so cute in his big boy bed!

Bridget said...

Big boy!!! Go Chase!!!

So happy it's going well for you! Are you changing the nursery any or keeping it the same?

NIKKI said...

YEAH CHASE!!!! YOu are doing AWESOME!!!

He looks ADORABLE asleep!

JStraughan said...

Way to go!

Man, it looks like he's sleeping like a ROCK!

Julie and Tory said...

What a big boy! Good Job Chase!