Monday, December 1, 2008

Well it's....

... definitely a boy!!!

I went for my regular monthly checkup today, and I had another ultrasound to confirm the sex of the baby. It was an amazing ultrasound with lots of great views of our peanut. The ultrasound tech was showing me different views of the baby's genital area and she said, "It doesn't get any clearer than this"!

So, yes we are having another boy, and apparently it's a big one! Dr. Lobello looked at my belly and said that I have no abdominal fat and that I'm all uterus because she can see my uterus just by looking at my stomach (but don't worry, I have PLENTY of baby weight on my backside that will take me years to get rid of). When she went to measure my stomach, I measured at 28 cm when I should be measuring at 24cm.

Dr. Lobello asked how big Chase was at birth. He was 1 week early and weighed in at 7lbs. 9 oz. Dr. Lobello assured me that if I go to my due date, we will have an 8 lb. baby on our hands. She said this is a big one...we don't know where he came from. Chase was the biggest baby on both sides of our family.

Anyway, here are some great pictures of our precious new baby. This first picture is an inbetween the legs shot:






An update on Chase:
He slept in his big boy bed last night without any trouble. I bribed him with some TV and it worked like a charm. This morning when I checked on him, he jumped up and said, "I did it"! He was so proud of himself. Let's keep our fingers crossed that he'll do it again!

Here is a Thanksgiving picture I stole from my sister's blog. Chase wanted to show his Nannie where his baby was and Chad jumped in as well. We think that Chad will be the first of us to deliver :-)

10 comments:

mtvoltz said...

YEAH!!! I am so excited for you guys. Any names yet?

JStraughan said...

Congrats---Umm. . .you DO realize where most of that baby's weight is going to be located, right? I'll order a bigger USM ball cap for him.

NIKKI said...

YEAH!!! Another McCarthy boy!!!! Congrats!!!!
That last pic is hilarious!!!

Bridget said...

Congrats!
Where is that baby hiding? You look so tiny in that pic! Hope you're feeling well and enjoying every minute! It will be so fun to have those two boys running around (in no time.. it just flies too fast!).

Adrienne said...

the ultrasounds are too cute! Love the belly shot!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Shane must be so proud to have such a "big" boy.

I just love that last picture!

Stephanie said...

Congrats! How did it feel to see the pictures and know it was a boy as compared to waiting to find out the sex? I know you didn't want to find out but did you think seeing him beforehand was exciting too?

christy said...

oh well- i still held out hope, for your sake that it was a girl. you are really going to get hazed once shane gets his influence on the 2nd boy. btw, has mrs. jackie just given up hope by now?

steele family said...

I love that belly picture. Seriously though, you can hardly tell you are pregnant!

kasey said...

That last picture is so funny!!!