Monday, March 16, 2009

Doctor's Appt Update

Well I had another doctor's appointment this morning. I am still 2 cm with a soft cervix. However, my stomach measured at 34 cm when it was 36.5 cm last week and should be around 38cm this week. So Dr. Lobello wanted to do an ultrasound just to make sure the baby's fluid levels were okay.

Everything is great and Shane and I got a bonus ultrasound! Turns out that my stomach is measuring less because the baby's head dropped. His head is measuring 1 week behind so hopefully that will make for an easier delivery than Chase whose head always measured a week ahead (I guess that is the Peanut vs. Moosehead nicknames)!

The funniest part of the ultrasound is that everything was measuring pretty close to the mark with the exception of his legs. They are measuring at 35 weeks. The ultrasound tech remeasured it to double check. Then she looked at Shane and said that the leg measurements made sense. I could not stop laughing. It looks like our little peanut will be built just like Shane (and Chase for that matter, too).

The baby is still definitely a boy and is currently weighing in at 7lbs. If I go another week, they estimate that he will be 7.5lbs and if I go to my due date (in 11 days) he will be about 8 lbs. So I am no longer worried about squeezing out a huge baby and that is very comforting.

So we'll be taking it day by day, ready for our healthy baby boy!

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

Sounds good! Glad he's doing well.

Anonymous said...

Yay! It is getting so close.

Can't wait to see "Shorty". :)

Gina Ferrara said...

ruby's head dropped 5 days before she was born and it was a fast labor/delivery. hoping to see baby #2 soon!

Jamie said...

You're getting so close!