Friday, March 6, 2009

Full Term - 37 Weeks!

YEAH!!!!! We made it to full term, 37 weeks! There was a period of time when we were concerned that our little peanut was not going to make it all the way, but it looks like he's settled down in his mommy's belly and made it to full term (let's just hope he' not too comfortable and will make a willing appearance within the next couple of weeks).

I went to the doctor on Tuesday and Dr. Lobello checked my progress. I am 2 cm dialted and my cervix is soft. Baby is positioned low but his head is still high (she said that with a second pregnancy a baby's head can stay high until you're 7 or 8 cm dialted).

As of right now, I don't feel like the baby is coming in the next week, but I still pray for a healthly and soon delivery every night :-) But I'm almost positive I will be at my next doctor's appt on Tuesday. This is when Shane starts coming with me to my appointments. It's a bit difficult for him since we live in Mandeville, he works in New Orleans and my doctor is in Slidell, but he makes an effort to attend these last appointments just in case it's time to check in the hospital (that's what happened with Chase).

So I guess we can safely say "Any day now" but my gut says it will still be a while. We're so excited and can't wait to meet our little peanut!!

6 comments:

christy said...

take it from me - don't be wishing for a little white boy's arrival anytime this week. but you did have alot of brethine, so hopefully his lungs are good and mature. he needs at least 1 more, preferably 2 more weeks - those white boys just have to cook until they are almost well done. but whenever he does come, i hope it goes alot faster than it did with chase.

Anonymous said...

We can't wait! We are ready to meet the little guy!

Jamie said...

YEA! You're getting so close. Keep us posted.

NIKKI said...

Hooray! How are you feeling?

Sherry said...

I agree - 37 week white boys are not ideal! We call them "WWB" (Wimpy White Boys). Pray for at least 38-39 weeks. I am so glad that you are term - I know that is always a relief! Keep us posted!

JStraughan said...

PLEASE wait a little bit longer--ONE MORE WEEK then Nannie has vacation-time!