Sunday, March 29, 2009

Happy 1 Week Ethan!


I can't believe that Ethan made one week old this morning. He has been such an angel and we cannot stop kissing all over him. He makes the sweetest facial expressions and I'm so in love with him!

Chase still loves helping with "Baby Ethan" and is very interested in his where abouts. However, the transition to being a big brother has not been so easy. Chase's clinginess to me has hit an all new level called Out of Control! He no longer sleeps through the night and screams for me until I lay down with him. He has to be near me. Today's nap isn't going so well either. He is in his room screaming for me as we speak (for about an hour now). It is breaking my heart, but I don't know what to do. I know he knows how to fall asleep on his own, but ever since we brought Ethan home, Chase's sleeping habits are now nonexistent and I end up only getting a couple of hours of sleep a day and I'm starting to lose it.

Please pray that we can settle Chase soon and that he lets other people help take care of him besides me. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed right now.

Thank you so much to my mom and my sister Jamie (who flew in from Texas for the weekend) and stayed with me overnight since we've been home from the hospital. Tonight is Shane and I's first night solo, which is scary since it took all three of us to get through last night's ordeal! Wish us luck!

Ethan at his 1 week lamb picture

Chase at his 1 week lamb picture

11 comments:

Stephanie said...

I hope Chase adjusts soon and starts sleeping so you can get some rest. Ethan is precious! At first I thought he looked like Shane in the hospital pics but I think he looks like you in the lamb pic.

Call me if you need anything!

lenee said...

Oh Michele I feel for you. I hope things start getting better real soon. Ethan is adorable. Is it just the picture or do Chase and Ethan look plenty alike?

Jamie said...

Oh, so did Chase not go to sleep when Jamie got home with him last night? I'm sorry. I know things will get better.

steele family said...

He is so adorable! That is a great picture of the two of you. You certainly don't look like you are lacking for sleep, or just had a baby either. I will be praying for Chase to sleep and be less clingy. I really feel for you.

Adrienne said...

Oh I'm sorry your having trouble with Chase sleeping. I hope it starts to get better soon! Ethan is precious! I do see you in him right now in that first pic.

Angelle Lowery said...

What beautiful babies... I hope the transition gets better soon. I'll be asking your advice come August. Good luck, and I hope you get some sleep tonight.

julie said...

I hope things get better soon. Let me know if you want me to take Chase for a night or two.

Ethan's looks have already changed in a week - he is so cute! I think Chase looks like his daddy & Ethan looks like you.

JStraughan said...

All I have to say is yes, I will keep your family in my prayers and pray that you will not make the 10 o'clock news.
Hang in there. . .it'll get better.

I loved being able to hang out with your boys. You look amazing as usual-which really sucks. You're making me look bad for not losing my baby weight from Callie
---yes, I know she's 6 :-)

mtvoltz said...

I hope things start to settle down with Chase real soon. Ethan is too cute. Chase looks so much bigger in his lamb picture. Keeping you in my prayers.

Andi said...

Oh Michele how I compeltely feel your pain! It's seems like just yesterday I was right were you are....my boys are almost exactly 25 months apart. Brady did the exact thing when Hudson was born. I promise it will get better! My only suggestion is to try to give Chase as much undivided attention as possible, which I know you are already doing. I know this is very difficult and seems compltetly impossible. Chase is still so young and doesn't understand the whole new baby brother concept. I would have to hand Hudson off to Andy and let Andy handle the evenings with Hudson while I bathed Brady and did our nightime ritual. Brady was still in his crib when Hudson was born so I didn't have to lay down with him but he did put up a fight at bedtime and naptime. I would just try to read to him, play with him, and then rock him or whatever I could do to soothe him and give him all my attention before bedtime. Brady figured out very quickly that if Hudson cried then I would hold him or feed him. I think he was using the outbreaks in his behavior as a way to get my attention. He didn't care that I was extremely exhausted and there was this tiny little baby that depended on me to meet his every need...he just wanted his mommy. Trust me it was not easy, but each day got a little easier. By 3 weeks he finally figured out Hudson wasn't going anywhere and he was finally back to sleeping better at night and naptime his behavior outbreaks started getting better to. Yes, it's very overwhelming and it's normal to feel completely helpless but hang in there girl....you are such a great mom and strong woman!! I will be praying for you and Chase. Your boys are precious....You and Shane have such a beautiful family!!

Unknown said...

I hope Chase adjust soon. It is a big change for him too; a little jelousy is a given. I can't believe how much they look alike in the lamb pictures!!!!