Saturday, May 30, 2009

Corks N Canvas

Friday night I met some girlfriends at Corks N Canvas in Mandeville. I was a bit skeptical because I cannot even write my name straight, much less draw a picture on a blank canvas and paint it. I was going more for the "Cork" portion of the evening and to have a fun girls night out.

I must say, I had a great time. And even though my picture was the ugliest one of the night, I am darn proud of it. It was a huge accomplishment for someone with my lack of artistic ability and Shane couldn't get over that I did it all by myself.

I highly recommend doing this if you haven't tried it yet, and I look forward to doing it again!

Here are the only pics I took of the night (I was busy concentrating on my artwork). Gotta love the purple teeth!


Ethan's new tricks: holding his head up, sitting in the bumbo chair and trying to eat his entire hand! How cute is he?!?!?!!


5 comments:

julie said...

Aww, he is just too cute!!

Glad you had a fun girls night - I could use one myself. :)

Stephanie said...

Ethan is too cute!

I had a lot of fun last night too! I think your painting came out great. Good choice going with the yellow house. I can't wait to do it again! I didn't notice the purple wine teeth until you mentioned it.

NIKKI said...

Looks like fun..wish I could have come!!! Yours looks GREAT!

JStraughan said...

I must say--I am impressed. Let's plan one for when I come in. . looks like fun!

Little Ethan's looks are changing so quickly; it makes me sad. Tell him and Chase that Nannie will be there soon!
(BTW, the last pic is a GREAT shot of his MOMMA's nose.)

Gina Ferrara said...

Ethan is adorable! By the way, your artwork is looking good.