Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Weekend Beach Trip

Shane and I took the kids and joined my sister, Julie, and her family at the beach for Memorial Weekend. We had such a good time. I don't think I had the chance to hold Ethan for longer than 5 minutes because Jalyn was doing such a good job loving all over him. I can't wait until she is old enough to babysit!

Chase and Rylie had their moments. They were either playing great together or fighting and telling on each other. Phew, I am so glad I have only one two year old at a time...I don't know how you moms of multiples survive the toddler years!

Ethan did so well for his first beach trip. We just strapped him in the jogging stroller and parked him under the umbrella. He lasted for over an hour and a half each time. Chase was way more interested in the pool than the beach. He said the sand was "dirty".








While we were there, my brother-in-law, Tory (the chef) cooked a FANTASTIC meal for us. It was so delicious! We had paneed fish with a crabmeat, shrimp and scallop wine sauce with mushroom risotto and fresh salad with homemade dressing. I cannot even begin to describe to you how yummy this meal was and how embarrassed I was that I ate every single bite in a matter of 10 minutes!

Today was Ethan's two month well baby visit. He weighed in at 10lbs. 14 oz (25%) and measured 23" in length (25-50%) and 15" for head (10%). Poor baby got two shots today, but took it pretty well. Ethan definitely has reflux so the doctor is increasing his Zantac meds and we're going to start adding rice cereal to his bottles to thicken it up. We've already been through an extreme case of reflux with Chase, so we're pros at the reflux thing by now. In fact, Chase still struggles with reflux issues and is a big reason why we have hardwood floors in the house (FYI to other moms who have children with projectile reflux...vomit is much easier to clean off a hard surface than carpet)!

Also, Ethan is favoring his right side tremendously. It's a struggle to get him to turn to the left and now the right side of his head is extremely flat. We have to send him to physical therapy to work with Ethan turning to his left side so his poor lopsided head will round out. What a stinker!

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

I was waiting for pictures! I'm glad you guys had fun.

Poor Ethan. I always asked the doctor about Sam's flat head and he said there wasn't much to be done and when she got older and sat up and slept in different positions it would work itself out. It seems fine now.

christy said...

are you sure ethan and chase are brothers? how can his head only be in the 10%? i think you need a DNA test.

Julie and Tory said...

We had fun! Ethan did GREAT! Sorry we spoiled him - Jalyn will have to come help out this summer.

Hopefully Chase will enjoy the beach more next time.

NIKKI said...

Jaylyn is sooo cute holding him! Let's sign her up for babysitting NOW! :)

UMmM have you met us mom's with multiples? We are all nuts for a couple of years.... at least I was!!! :) Still am most days! :)

Adrienne said...

Looks like fun! What a cute pic of Ethan smiling at the beach, he looks like Chase to me in that pic.

steele family said...

You are so brave! None of my kids have been to the beach yet. Looks like it was a ton of fun! Your boys are so cute.

Anonymous said...

Fun! I'm so ready for a trip to the beach!