Sunday, July 6, 2008

What's That?

Chase's new favorite phrase, is "What's that, Mama"? He asks me this question all day long! Half the time, I don't even know what he is pointing to, but I always try to give him an answer.

Last week I bought Chase his little toilet for potty training. I wasn't planning on starting anytime soon, but I wanted him to get used to the potty being in the bathroom. He LOVES it. He drags it in front of the big tv and sits on it like it's his recliner...so funny!

Also, Chase just finished his swim lessons. It went much better than I expected. Before the lessons, Chase was absolutely terrified of the water. Although, he's still not crazy about the water, he'll still get in the pool with us now (of course, he holds on for dear life the entire time)! Baby steps, I guess :-)

Hmmm, what is this thing?


Just chillin' in my new potty chair

Looks like he's really working on something in this pic :-)

7 comments:

Adrienne said...

ok that's funny!

NIKKI said...

Oh the What's that phase...don't know what is worse that one or the WHY??????? you answer and they come back with another WHY??

LOVE the potty pics..hopefully we will continue to love it!
I can FINALLY say we MIGHT be fully potty trained over here after a YEAR of potty training!

Love him sitting like it's his recliner!! Too funny!

steele family said...

He looks a little too relaxed in the second to last picture. We rented "Potty Power" from the library and it worked great for Page. (Warning - it is horrible to sit through!)

kasey said...

That is so funny!

Bridget said...

So cute! I hope he stays interested in the potty. Libby had a lot of interest at that age... then it disappeared... it comes and goes. Of course, we've had a lot of life events happen to distract her. We have that potty and the smaller bjorn one. I bought the smaller one to have one on each level. I had them both in the same bathroom at first and Logan kept pulling up and sitting on it. lol. I think he may potty train before Libby. ;) lol

JStraughan said...

Oh, yes, that is Shane's son ----

Isn't that every man's DREAM???

All he needs now is a cupholder on the side of the potty and he is SET!!

Gina Ferrara said...

those pics gave me a good laugh! and love the pics from your texas roadtrip.