Friday, August 8, 2008

Results

I had my endoscopy today and we finally got some answers!

My doctor said they found several ulcer like erosions in my gastric fundus and inflammation was found in the entire examined stomach area. There was stigmata of recent bleeding and biopsies were taken from every examined area.

The good news...we have an answer as to why I was in so much pain. The bad news....not too much we can do about it. I will continue to take the Zantac 4 times a day for 3 more months and then start to wean off. I go back to my GI doctor in a couple of weeks for another evaluation. I'm sure there will need to be some diet changes and well as some stress level adjustments.

The doctor said she believes the attack was due to an increased level of stress. But how does an anal, Type A personality reduce stress? I create it in every aspect of my life. I guess that is why I have the ulcers in the first place.

On a side note, when I woke up from the anesthesia, I had some pain in my right eye. Apparently I was rubbing my eyes when I was coming to and scratched my cornia with my new long prenatal vitamin fingernails. Talk about bad luck! They sent me straight to the eye doctor. (I was assured that the anesthesia they gave me would be metabolized from my body before it ever reached the baby)!

A special thanks to MawMaw and Pops for watching Chase three days this week for me while I tried to rest. You were such a big help and made this process a little easier to tolerate. We love you! :-)

7 comments:

Gina Ferrara said...

whew, glad you're okay! take care of yourself and the little unborn one.

NIKKI said...

Yikes Michelle...
I hope you start feeling better soon...
let me know if there is anything I can do to help out!!!

Adrienne said...

Well I'm glad you finally have some kind of information and that it all went well. I hope you start to feel better. Sorry about your eye too.

Stephanie said...

I hope you start to feel better soon!

steele family said...

I am so glad that you have some answers and that baby is doing fine. I will pray that you would be able to de-stress as much as possible!

christy said...

glad you got some definitive answers. sorry there's not much you can do about it. i have a complete arsenal of GI meds leftover from when i was pregnant if you want them:)

Anonymous said...

I wish I could help reduce your stress :( Hope you feel better soon!