Saturday, March 21, 2009

Past the 39 week Mark

Well I cannot believe it, but YES I am still pregnant. I think I am in shock because I just didn't think I would go all the way to my due date with this pregnancy since we had so many problems earlier. Now he just doesn't want to come out.

Until then, I thought I would share some of the differences between my two pregnancies:

- My first pregnancy seemed to last forever, this one flew by until the last month

- With Chase, I slowly gained weight the entire pregnancy, this time I gained a bunch in the first few months and then just stopped (but I gained about 2 more pounds with this pregnancy)

- My belly button never popped out with Chase, but it did this time

- I had some varicose veins with Chase, but they are WAY worse this pregnancy and will require some cosmetic correction

- I rarely felt Chase moving in my belly because my placenta was blocking his movements in the front of my stomach, but I feel our little peanut performing gymnastics all the time

- I had skin discolorations on my face with Chase, but not this time!

- No bloating or morning sickness for either pregnancy :-)

- It's much better to be pregnant during the cooler months than to have a summertime pregnancy in the south; however, wearing high heeled boots as opposed to comfy flip flops is a trade I could live without

- Not much time to take it easy with the 2nd pregnancy as I am constantly running after Chase

- I had an extreme sweet tooth with my 1st pregnancy, this time my cravings were fresh fruit and salty items

- I was able to exercise until the day I checked into the hospital with Chase, but my doctor cut me off from exercise at 26 weeks when I went into pre-term labor this time

- For my first pregnancy, I was pregnant at the same time as my sister, Julie. It was a lot more fun to share our experiences together than to be the only one pregnant (especially when hanging out with my family) :-)

Only 6 more days until Due Date!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I did not think you would last this long either but I guess the baby just needs a little more time to cook! I'm hoping tomorrow is the day. Nothing planned in my schedule so I can be there in a heartbeat! Next week would not be good. Can you see what you can do????

JStraughan said...

I agree. . .next week isn't good for me, either.

Now you have to wait until Easter!!!