Saturday, February 26, 2011

30 Weeks & Mardi Gras

Yesterday made 30 weeks, we're 75% of the way there and the "nesting" phase has begun. I all of the sudden feel a big rush to get everything ready in time for the baby. Many changes are needed in the house to make room for one more and I suddenly feel pressured to have it done right now!

This is my last progression picture from 5 weeks ago (25 weeks). When compared to today's progression pic at 30 weeks, you can see that once again, I had a big "pop" during the beginning of my 3rd trimester. With Ethan & Chase it happened between 26 & 28 weeks, but this time it happened during my 30th week. Baby currently weighs approximately 3 pounds and is the size of a head of cabbage.

25 Weeks:

30 weeks (today): As a comparison, here are my 30 week progression pictures with Chase (top) and Ethan (bottom). It looks like I carried high with Chase, low (and huge) with Ethan and in the middle with this one. Who knows what we're having this time....

Last night we took the boys to a Mardi Gras parade in Mandeville. Chase did a lot better than last year, but still was happiest from a distance. Once he caught a pair of beads for Ethan and a football for himself he was ready to go home.

Today we tried a much smaller parade, the Lawnmower Push parade in Abita Springs. This was Chase's kind of parade, he loved it. He would wave his hands and grab his loot and toss it in the wagon for keeps. I think both boys really enjoyed themselves this afternoon, but we'll probably stay away from the bigger parades at least for another year.





4 comments:

Bridget said...

You are so stinkin' tiny! I think if I were to get pregnant tomorrow, I'd pop by 12 wks. Lol. You look great! I hope you're feeling great too.
Parades look fun. Jealous of your weather.

Stephanie said...

I agree with Bridget! You don't look huge in any of the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Those dang fruit loops! Glad u all could come over & parade was in walkin distance from house. i had great time with the boys. Love, Sissy

Gina Ferrara said...

It's amazing how differently you carry each baby. My belly looked the same for all 3 babies.

Excited to find out what you're having :) Really, I'm glad we waited til the end. Made it extra fun for our families and of course for us.

By the way, I think we could swap houses and never realize it--fleur de lis wall decor and Michalopolous...